Forehead Lines Treatment
treatment time: 15 mins to 45 mins
(depending on number of areas being treated)
RECOVERY TIME: zero to little recovery time
RESULTS LAST: 3 – 6 MONTHS
(depending on metabolism & area being treated)
COST per unit: $3.95
cost for 1 area: $250
cost for 2 areas: $349
cost for 3 areas: $499
Turn back time
The forehead is one of the first places on our face to age. The contraction of forehead muscles cause wrinkling of the skin, volume loss causes concavities, and the effects of gravity of the forehead lead to descent of the brows and eyelids.
The underlying mechanism causing wrinkling is contraction of the frontalis muscle. This muscle is responsible for lifting the brows, is a muscle of facial expression, and on contraction causes parallel horizontal lines on the forehead. The more active the frontalis muscle, the more significant the presence of horizontal lines in the forehead.
Anti-wrinkle injections, made from Botilinum Toxin, are an extremely effective way to treat and smooth out forehead lines. The treatment is a delicate compromise between moderating the activity or contraction of the frontalis muscle using anti-wrinkle injections and preserving the elevating power of the frontalis muscle.
Anti-wrinkle injections are placed into the forehead muscle reduce the appearance of lines. The amount of injections needed depends on how much movement you have in the forehead, the depth of the lines and the width of the forehead.
Our Anti-Wrinkle cosmetic injections are administered by Nurse Jo, a highly qualified, medically trained Registered Nurse with additional qualifications in cosmetic medical training, for the most effective and successful results.
Jo made me feel very comfortable with the process of injectables. After seeing the before and after pics, after 10 days, I was totally astounded. I would recommend everyone, especially at my age, to give this a try. Frown lines minimal and and crows feet so much softer. I wish I had started this 20 years ago!
– Denise Owen
How many injections / units do I need to treat forehead lines?
Generally speaking – the more lines on the forehead the more injections are needed to treat them. We often use between 5 and 10 units to treat a forehead. A female forehead would typically need from 4-10 units to treat the forehead, males would need up to 20 units. A unit is a measure of anti-wrinkle treatment.
OUR COSMETIC INJECTIONS MENU
treatment must-know’s & instructions
72-HOURS BEFORE TREATMENT
- AVOID the use of Ibuprofen, Asprin, Aleve, Fish Oils and Vitamin E Supplements – this helps to prevent bruising
- AVOID the use of topical products containing Tretinoin, Retin-A, Retinol, Retinoids, Glycolic Acids, Alpha Hydroxy-Acid or other “Anti-Aging” product
24-HOURS BEFORE TREATMENT
- AVOID excessive alcoholic beverages 24 hours before your treatment – this helps to prevent the likelihood of bruising.
DAY OF TREATMENT
- Arrive 5 – 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment with a clean face – please do not wear makeup
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling or bleeding, if necessary. Ice and over-the-counter medication can be used to reduce any minor side effects. If you do experience these effects, they are easily concealable with makeup.
- AVOID makeup or product application for 24 hours after treatment to help prevent infection
- AVOID exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing) and/or intense cold for 24 hours after your anti-wrinkle injection treatment
- AVOID the use of Ibuprofen, Asprin, Fish Oils and Vitamin E Supplements for 24 hours after your treatment
- AVOID rubbing for your face and any strenuous activities for up to 72-hours post-treatment
- It takes between 5 days and 10 days for forehead lines to take effect.
Most patients require treatments 3 to 4 times a year for optimal results.
After several maintenance treatments, your facial muscles being treated begin to respond much quicker and remain trained, thus requiring less frequent treatments.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us here.
forehead lines injections
Turn Back Time
Within The Blow Inn Beauty Lounge
Shop 2, Riverside Hamilton Harbour, 6 Harbour Rd, Hamilton Q 4006
Clinic Mob: 0418 180 949
Tues to Wed 10am – 6pm
Thursday 10am – 9pm
Friday 10am – 6pm
Saturday 10am – 3pm